I Am Looking for a Surgeon for Silicone Implants/450cc Under the Muscle/incision Under the Breast? (photo)

I have recieved a consultation and a quote from a local surgeon (East Coast) $8400 450cc silicone placed under muscle - I am symetrical - Not sure about this particular surgeon. How do I find a surgeon ? So many to choose from it is overwhelming- Just need one!!!! LOL !!! Iv'e spent hours going through the Dr. reviews - Really want to have operation completed by Dec 2012 ---

Hi There,

Here is a link to our board certified doctors that are qualified to perform Breast Implant surgery in your area.

Hopefully this helps!

Doctor Answers 6

Choosing the Right Plastic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello. Since your nipple is below the inframammary fold you may need a lift as well as implants to obtain good results. It is very possible for a board certified plastic surgeon to give you a great look, but the price of your procedure will be higher. I recommend that you set up consultations with multiple board certified plastic surgeons to a clear idea of what will need to happen and which doctor is the best for your case. Best of luck!

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Implant Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Do your homework when choosing a plastic surgeon!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I think the most important part of your question is how do you pick a plastic surgeon.


I agree the process can be very complex and confusing.  Let me try to break it down to make it easy.


First, you want to make sure you choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has completed the certification process with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  You can also find a list of plastic surgeons in your area who are members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  These are a good starting point to make sure your surgeon has met a certain standard.


Second, make appointments to see 2 or 3 different plastic surgeons.  Listen to their opinions and pay attention to how they treat you, the other patients, and their staff.  You can learn a lot about a surgeon this way.  The most important thing after the first point above, is that you are comfortable with the surgeon.


Third, make sure the surgeons that you are considering have privileges to perform breast augmentation at an accredited hospital.  To operate at a hospital doctors must be reviewed by other doctors to make sure they are competent.  If your surgeon does not have any hospital privileges then you should keep looking.


Lastly, if you still cannot narrow down the process ask your own doctor which of your choices they would recommend.


Good luck!

Finding a Doctor for Breast Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear Goldie Goldfish,

Let's answer your questions in two parts.

First, from your photos, you require not only a breast augmentation for adding upper pole fullness to your breasts but you also will require a mastopexy to recenter the nipple areola complexes on the breast mound and then remove the excess bottomed out breast tissue in the base of your breast.  An implant alone would result in a "Snoopy Dog Nose Deformity" if under the muscle or a "Rock in A Sock" look if above the muscle.

Second, how to find a good surgeon.  Two good places to start are the member listing of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery(ASAPS) at surgery.org or the American  Society of Plastic Surgeons(ASPS) at plasticsurgery.org.  All members of ASAPS are also members of ASPS but not the other way around.  All are board certified plastic surgeons!

The next step is go meet with the plastic surgeons and their staffs, have a consultation and examination with each, listen to their recommendations, look at heir before and after photos, and then decide who is right for you. It is a bit like dating; they all may be good people but only one of them may be right for you.  Best of luck.

Finding a doctor

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the pictures! From what I can see a breast augmentation will not give you the best results.  You would need a full lift as well. Ideally you want your nipple/areola to be at the highest projection of your implant which could only be accomplished for you with an additoinal lift/mastopexy.  If you went with just the BA alone your nipples will still continue to point downwards and a majority of the breast tissue would remain lower than the implant.  The lift will tighten the skin over the implant and reduce your areola size. In regards to finding a plastic surgeon, it is important you are comfortable with them and that  they are board certified.    I hope this helps you!

Kindest regards,

Neil J.Zemmel

Finding Plastic Surgeon for Breast Surgery?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Your pictures demonstrate significant and asymmetric breast ptosis ( “sagging”). You are not a candidate for breast augmentation alone; mastopexy ("breast lifting") will be necessary to achieve an aesthetically pleasing result.

Breast lifting involves some degree of tightening and lifting of the breast skin envelope and tissue.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 
Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

 In regards to finding your plastic surgeon, itwill be up to you to do your due diligence. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I hope this helps. 

Silicone Implants/450cc Under the Muscle/incision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I don't know if your quote is for augmentation alone or with a breast lift. 

If you have a breast augmentation alone, you will have a predictably unsatisfactory outcome with the natural breast tissue seemingly hanging off the implant. A breast lift should be part of any operative plan. If the consultant thought an augmentation alone was satisfactory, it is time to seem another plastic surgeon for another opinion. 

To find a surgeon, start at the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, ASPS.

Their site is plasticsurgery dot org. These are surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons, and meet the requirements for membership in good standing of our major organization. 

Thanks for your question, and for the photos. Best wishes.

Jourdan Gottlieb, MD
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.