Looking for a Revision Rhinoplasty expert for a functional revision to improve breathing this summer.

I had my nose broken when I was 9-10 and operated on to remove blood clots and attempt to restore it. This caused it to be visibly deformed externally and also resulted in a deviated septum obstructing airflow in the right nostril. In 2013 I had rhinoplasty/septoplasty including osteotomies to straighten the nose and improve breathing. While the external appearance of the nose improved, the breathing got worse within a year post surgery. I would like to revisit rhinoplasty to improve breathing.
Please follow the link to find doctors who perform Revision Rhinoplasty in your area.

Revision rhinoplasty to improve breathing

Dear nimei,

• Try RealSelf to find surgeon in your area
  • Given your history, you will probably need more cartilage, either ear or rib depending on your needs
  • Check out before and after pictures to get a better idea

Nima Shemirani

Greetings. There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon