Looking for PS That Will Remove Saline Implants Under Local Anesthesia in Ft. Lauderdale FL?

Removal of saline under local

I would suspect that most palstic surgeons wouyld remove saline implants under local.It is a simple outpatient procedure to do and i have doen it in the past.i would call a couple of local surgeons.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Remove Saline Implants Under Local Anesthesia in Ft. Lauderdale FL?

Saline breast implants can certainly be removed under local anesthesia unless additional work is necessary. Sometimes patients undergoing breast implant removal benefit from removal or adjustment of the breast implant pockets and/or breast lifting surgery.  Whether or not these additional maneuvers will be necessary in your case will depend on your physical examination.

In regards to finding a qualified plastic surgeon in your area,I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Looking for PS That Will Remove Saline Implants Under Local Anesthesia

That is certainly possible.  The question is what else needs to be done?  Does the capsule need to be removed?  Do you need a lift due to sagging after the implants are removed?  Those questions may necessitate general anesthesia.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Breast Augmentation

Whenever one thinks of breast implant removal , you have to think what to do with the capsule. Depending on how long you had the implants, or if there is capsular contracture. That capsule may not absorb completely and may distort the breast tissue or fill up with fluid. Therefore  something needs to be done to the capsule. During the consultation all the pros and cons of implant removal and what to do with the capsule has to be discussed with you. Then an intelligent decision can be made as to what needs to be done and the best mode of anesthesia.

Saline implant removal

If it is a straightforward procedure where a capsule does not have to be removed, it should be possible to remove them under local.

Remove Saline Implants Under Local Anesthesia ?

Saline implants can be removed under local anesthesia in most cases

If there is severe capsular contracture  sedation may be necessary in order to remove the capsule

It is usually not possible to use the trans axillary incision for local anesthesia removal

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon