Looking for a Natural Looking Breasts? What Do You Recommend? (photo)

Hello, I’m 31 years, 5’5 and weight 125 32A. And I’m looking to possible get a natural look breast implant with cleavage. I’ve gone to 2 different consultation. The first Dr suggest I go with 475 silicon,under, high profile and crease cut, while the second suggest 425 silicon, under, moderate profile and donut cut! I’m looking for a natural look or something that will not SCREAM FAKE! I’m currently bust 32, waist 28 and 38 I would really appreciate an honest opinion and advice. Thanks!

Natural Looking Breasts

Both recommendations are valid and it is not unusual for two surgeons to have a differing opinion. To explore your options, consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons and choose the surgeons which understands your objectives and fits your needs the best.

Breast implants

Both options are reasonable, and it is not surprising that you would get different answers from two different surgeons.  If you go to a third doctor, you may well get a third option.  From your photos, since you do not show the nipple location, I can't tell whether you need a lift at all.  I'm generally not a fan of the donut mastopexy. I have noticed that often the areala gets stretched out and it does not provide much lift anyway. The size of the implants recommended are not that far off from each other.  Either implant will easily make you at least a D cup.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Achieving Natural Look Breast Augmentation

Achieving Natural Look Breast Augmentation   The most important issue for you is the explain to your surgeon exactly what you expect to achieve with your surgery.  In my practice, in addition to discussing the implant size, I insist that the patients show me with some photographs (my own before and after, or photos from magazines) what do they expect their breasts to look like after the surgery.  Then it’s up to me to decide what surgical maneuvers and what type of implant (size and shape/profile)  to use to to come as close as possible to the patient's wishes.     Without examining and measuring your breasts it is nearly impossible to give you precise recommendations.  Breast augmentation is one of the most commonly performed procedures, but the results not always turn out the way patients envisions, either due to miscommunication or lack of proper skills and judgment on the surgeon’s part.  Make sure that you pick your surgeon well, and communicate with your surgeons completely to avoid disappointment. 

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Natural looking implants

I agree that what looks natural means something different to different people.  But most frequently women say that roundness up above or a cantaloupe look, is more "fake" looking.  In my experience this is more frequent with the higher profile implants generally.  The lower profile implants will usually give more cleavage, (less space between the breasts) but less roundness up top.  Bring in some photos of what you think looks "natural" to your board certified Plastic Surgeon for them to look at and compare with their thoughts.  Interesting enough, there is a new implant company, Sientra implants that are only sold to Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.  Good for patients safety, and the specialty!

Dan Mills, MD

Natural looking breast with implants

Hi,

I understand your concerns about not wanting the "Fake" look. Regardless, of approach (around the nipple incision or inframammary) I recommend you choose an implant that will go under the muscle. High profile, moderate profile, teardrop, etc. do not really matter because your tissues will shape the implant, not the other way around. Another thing you need to consider is the fact that the larger the implant the heavier its going to be and as such the more stretching of your tissues it is going to cause. This means that eventually you will need a lift. I hope this helps you make an educated decision. Best wishes,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

A Natural Looking Breast Augmentation

Most women ask for a natural breast augmenation, but this means different things to different people. The implant volumes are on the somewhat larger side and thus, it will depend upon your body, frame and breast tissue on how well this will be hidden and thus look natural. The best means for success with this is open communication with your surgeon and often bringing in photographs of results you would be happy with to help clarify your "ideal."

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast implant choice

Your goal is not atypical: natural, not fake. What I tell patients is that what they have is natural, but they just don't like their breasts or want to "improve" them. What patients usually really mean is they don't want un-natural breasts and this is subject to definition and opinions.. You should spend at least two sessions with your plastic surgeon to establish and communicate what your goals are. Unfortunately, there are many side effects and complications that can make implants appear or act "fake" whether it be size, shape, movement, rippling, visibility, firmness, etc. Your plastic surgeon should review all of these factors and discuss what style, type, dimension, projection, and techniques will give you most of what you consider to be natural. If surgeon and patient are honest, often compromises need to be made. In general, the most natural augmentation will use the lowest profile implant that fits the dimensions of your natural breast.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Naturally Looking Augmentation

I agree with you that a natural look is much preferable to a "fake look".  I cannot tell from your photos if a mastopexy would be beneficial nor the size of implants that you shoulsd select.  I do agree that silicone implants placed below the muscle are most likely to give a natural look.

John Whitt, MD (retired)

Natural breast augmentation

Words like natural and fake mean different things to different people. Images of breasts you like and don't like are far more helpful in communicating your goals to your plastic surgeon.When you see your board certified plastic surgeon evaluate their photos to understand if their aesthetic sense matches yours.The natural appearance is achieved when the appropriate sized implant with the right projection is chosen according to the dimensions of your chest and breast. Technique and placement also contribute to the overall result.If you are unsure of your current options return to speak with your doctor or seek out another opinion.It is difficult to make implant recommendations by photos.Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Achieving Natural Looking Breasts with Breast Augmentation?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, I would suggest that you do the following:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "scream fake” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.