Would It Be Possible for a Male, 67yo, with Pace Maker to Have Implant Surgery Done?

Good health other than pace maker.

Should You Get Implants With A Pacemaker?

Thank you for your question!  It depends which type of implants we are talking.  I would seek a board certified plastic surgeon who preforms these routinely.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel
Double Board Certified
Plastic Surgeon
Chicago
Hoffman Estates
Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Pacemaker

That totally depends on what kind of implant we are talking about and your general overall health condition and state.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Pacemaker

What kind of implant are we talking about here?  Are you on blood thinners?  I have performed surgery on individuals with pacemakers.  Find out from your cardiologist what precautions are necessary especially if done under general anesthesia.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast Implant for 67 yo Male with Pacemaker

The answer to this will depend upon the location of the pacemaker on the chest wall and the relative depth at which it sits.  In addition, electrocautery can interfere with this, and the pacemaker may have to be adjusted prior to surgery. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA