Looking for a Bcps That Has Alot of Expereince with Patients with Scleroderma and Linear Morphea?

Need help finding a surgeon with a lot of experience with scleroderma and linear morphea. I assume fat transfere will be the best option to restore areas of the chin, lip, and cheek, but in my area of south Florida I cant find anyone that seems to have all that much experience. I do not have any photos with me atthis time but wouild be able to provide. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Doctor Answers 2

Linear scleroderma

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Linear scleroderma is not that common that you will find a surgeon with "lots of experience". But the treatments for it are similar to other entities with volume loss, such as the normal aging face, hemifacial atrophy [Perry Romberg syndrome], or HIV associate lipoatrophy.

Linear scleroderma may also present with unilateral enophthalmos, where one eye seems smaller than the other.

All these problems are commonly treated with fat transfer. Facial plastic surgeons and Oculofacial plastic surgeons may have more experience with facial fat transfer techniques than General Plastic Surgeons. You may want to expand your scope of search.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

Fat Grafting to Face for Reconstruction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

   I have helped patients with progressive hemifacial atrophy and scleroderma with fat grafting, but this will not be common.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.