Are you for or against ADM or Seri Scaffold in an initial breast lift surgery without implants; Please advise? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 17
Internal support without ADM or Seri Scaffold
Gary Horndeski, M.D.
ADM for breast lifts
- Yours is a very thoughtful question,
- The reason few surgeons would want to use it for an initial breast lift or augmentation is the cost
- And that ADM and scaffolds have their own risks, including seromas and increased poor healing,
- Most women after a breast lift or augmentation will have good resulta,
- For someone with very damaged skin or tissues known to be weak (for instance Ehlers-Danlos or other collagen disorders, it would be considered but otherwise
- ADM and scaffolds are used when results are not good - making the risk and cost more worthwhile.
Hope this helps. Best wishes.
You might also like...
I would echo the majority of responses to this question. The use of an ADM or Seri-Scaffold is very unlikely to be needed for an initial breast lift without implants. These materials are most commonly used for revision surgeries when the native tissues (capsule and breast tissue) are somehow inadequate and unable to support a breast implant. You may encounter these circumstances after massive weight loss as well which would be a reason to use these materials with an implant for an initial surgery.
Are you for or against ADM or Seri Scaffold in an initial breast lift surgery without implants; Please advise
Internal suturing is the key to breast lift results
More Answers To Same Question
Looks pretty decisive: no such thing as an 'internal lift' to decrease or eliminate external incisions using sutures, strings, ADMs or the newest Seri. Mastopexy is a skin surgery whose scarring is dictated by the amount of excess skin of your breast. Based on a single photo, yours would be best treated with an anchor pattern.
Best of luck!
Are you for or against ADM or Seri Scaffold in an initial breast lift surgery without implants
ADM is probably not indicated in first time breast surgery.
Breast lift with ADM or Seri
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.