Which is better for acne scars? Fraxel Restore or Fraxel Repair and what are the differences I should know between them?

I understand Restore is not CO2 and the other is but what does that mean?

Fraxel laser for acne scars

Fraxel Laser is an excellent laser for treating acne scars.  The difference in the lasers is the degree of penetration in the CO2 laser.  The best determination of which laser is the best for you is a consultation.  The decision is based on skin type and degree of scars.  For the best cosmetic result please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Fraxel.

Repair vs Restore

Fraxel delivers safe and effective treatments with remarkable results and minimal downtime. Fraxel laser systems treat microscopic volumes of skin with each unique pulse, leaving the surrounding area intact for faster healing.Both Fraxel Restore and Repair are excellent choices for acne treatments. Yes Fraxel Repair is a Co2 laser, an easy way to differentiate is the Co2 goes deeper and causes a wound on the skin so there is more downtime. I do both types of Fraxels in my office, I base which treatment is used on patient’s skin type and lifestyle. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see which treatment is best for you.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon