Foot Fillers to Make Heels More Comfortable?

I read this on another website:

"Some surgeons inject silicone, an injectable filler or fat into the bottoms of the feet to create a sort of internal padded sole, which can ease some of the discomfort of stiletto wearing."

I know fat can be transferredto ease foot pain in those that have lost fat there. But do younger women actually come in asking for injections simply to make wearing heels more comfortable?

Doctor Answers 2

Fat Transfer

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

First I would see a podiatrist and have your feet fit for shoe liners with a viscoelastomer or gel substance for shock reduction.  This is much cheaper than surgery. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Danville Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Some podiatrists are trained in using Sculptra to ease foot pain

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

An "off label" use of Sculptra is to pad the sole.

You need to call about in your area to discover which podiatrist is familiar with the technique. In Fort Lauderdale we have several.

Dr. Mayl

Fort lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD (retired)
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.