Can picking a pimple leave a keloid and is it benign and can it be removed? (photo)

Months back I had a huge white head and picked it so much I left a hole in my skin. I usually don't keloid but it left a raised bump, it's not red or bleeding it blends in w my skin but I hate it. My derm said to let the scar run its course but it's been 7 months now and I had a shot of cortisone and it's still there. How can I make sure it's benign and how can I get this thing off my face. Lesson learned, never harassing a pimple ever again!

Keloid Scar Solutions -- Fraxel, 5fu/steroids, pulsed dye/vbeam/yellow laser

Yes, picking acne can cause keloid scars. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Keloids can be treated with lasers, injectable steroids with or without 5-FU and microneedling/prp. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer