Nose job? Unsure if I should get one due to risks (Photo)

Nose is slanted and its always in pain (the bone) keloid scar inside the left part from a old septum ring. Dont like size of the tip of my nose. My mom had 2 nose jobs and it looks bad.done in beverly hills. Im scared to have mine messed upAlso I am scared that there is a risk of death.. what are the risks? Im 22 and healthy. I posted photos of some girls who had their noses done and thats how i want mine. Some are before and after of a model. Is it possible to get mine to look similar?

Rhinoplasty

Hi stacygala! Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. It is possible to receive rhinoplasty for a smaller and more refined nose. It is all up to you whether or not you would the risks outweigh the benefits and vice versa. Results and prices vary and you should seek consultation from a board-certified surgeon in your area who specializes in rhinoplasty or have had extensive experience. I wish you the best of luck!

Beautiful face

you have lovely facial features and I don't think your nose is bad at all.  It looks Loire the bridge could be lowered a little and the bridge narrowed a bit.  Whether it's worth the expense and risk are up to you.  At 22 years old I would think you would have more pressing needs for your money at this point in your life.  You nose looks cute as it is.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine and attractive nose.

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine and attractive nose. Refinement of your tip, narrowing your bridge etc can be done. Your thicker skin will be not as fine a tip but much better than what you have now. Select a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. You should be much happier and not have the issues with complications. The primary complication I have seen in 35 years of this surgery is the patient selects an inexperienced surgeon and has an overdone nose. 

Rhinoplasty candidate

Arhinoplasty procedure can accomplish straightening the nose, narrowing the tip, narrowing the bridge and refining the entire nose. Thick skin especially in the tip of the nose will be a significant impediment to seeing refined results such as in the model photos. A thorough examination of the internal  and external portion of the nose along with computer imaging performed in the office setting would be helpful to get an idea of what can be accomplished with your nose on your facial features. As long as you're in excellent health, performing a rhinoplasty today is very safe. In our practice, we perform all rhinoplasty procedures under general anesthesia by a board-certified physician anesthesiologist for patient safety and comfort. In addition, our surgery center is state licensed and Medicare certified for patient safety purposes. This is not an office procedure performed under local anesthesia.

Nose job? Unsure if I should get one due to risks

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about refining and improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose with an artistically performed natural appearing rhinoplasty and whether it would be worthwhile.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue. If you are still ambivalent about undergoing the procedure after having plastic surgery consultations, I would suggest that you not have the procedure until you are sure that you want to do it.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Nose aims

Judging by your photos your thick skin would not allow you to achieve the shapes you have posted - in addition if anyone tried to get your nose that small and narrow at best you could not breathe and at worst your nose would collapse and need to be completely rebuilt

the first step from now is to be realistic and sit down with an experienced and respected rhinoplasty surgeon and set realistic goals using computer imaging