I just had my implants removed but I have a sunken part on my breast under the areola doctor say it's scar tissue?

depressed on the outcome of my surgery once I returned to my follow up appt. I came to find out I have my left breast folding in half like a hole right under my ariola the surgeon says it's scar tissue and to only massage it and it should go away or to wait and give it time .will these really help it! Or I'm going to need another surgery !! help and advise me ! I'm 44 years old I had implants for 10 years and I had my implants removed because my right one deflated on its own ! Im so depressed

Implants removed - tissue sunken under the areola

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.

• I am so sorry you are distressed by the result of your implant removal.
  • If you recently had surgery, please give yourself 6 months to see your final result.
  • Implants stretch our breasts, thinning the tissues.
  • When they are removed, the breasts do not go back to the way they were, they have the shape created by the implant.
  • A breast lift can restore the shape to the breast - to some degree.
  • But you may have permanent irregularities that may need additonal surgery or may not be correctable.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Permanent indentation

Unfortunately this is indentation is likely a permanent problem without revision surgery.  Even then having implants for 10 years stretched out the breast.

Give yourself time to heal.  Follow your surgeon's post operative instructions which will include massage in order to get a good result.  If you are not happy with the breast volume after you are healed, you could always get small implants for a better cosmetic result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD