Why are my eyes different? What can I do to even them out? (Photo)

I recently noticed that my eyes are different. My left eye has more skin on the eyelid than my right eye. What can i do even my eyes out?

Different eyes

Almost everyone has asymmetry between the two sides of their face and often it is most apparent in the upper lids.  Upper lid surgery would be the best way to achieve better symmetry.  If it's reallybothering you I would recommend consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon who takes care of this problem on a regular basis.  Best of luck.

Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Different eyes

The right side of our body rarely matches the left. Our ears are different, our eyes are different, you are just focusing on your eyes. As to how to even them out, an upper blepharoplasty to remove the excess skin can even them out. I recommend seeing a properly trained plastic surgeon in your area for their opinion.

Asymmetric eyes

Asymmetric eyelid creases are common, especially in Asian or ethnic eyelids where a small amount of excess skin on one side can create a large difference. Your extra skin is folding on itself on the left side but there may be a component of tethering there from underlying attachments. An eyelid procedure to remove excess skin and release the tethering can help improve your symmetry. It is important to have a thorough in-office examination to determine the best and SAFEST procedure to achieve your goals. Hope this helps!
Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

We are all a little lopsided.

We all have some excess skin on our upper eyelids, that extra skin bunched up when our eyes are open is what stretches out and allows them to close.  That skin tends to fold differently on each eye and can cause some asymmetry.  Look around at your friends and you will see that no one's eyes are exactly symmetric.  When you look closely you will see many asymmetries that you never noticed before - and that's the just the point.  There were there and you never noticed them.  Which is the same way others see you.  Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist