Will my breasts drop soon? Does it look like mild symmastia? Also I feel the implant rub in the middle of my chest? (Photos)

It's been a month, i had anchor lift with 550cc silicone gel implants under the muscle, i had previously had E breasts but after 2 kids &breastfeeding they deflated and sagged. I'm worried they still haven't dropped and are pointy towards the end. Do they look normal for 1 month post op? [blurred recognizable tattoos ]

You are still very early in your healing phase, and still have tightness and swelling. The sensation will slowly subside, and your breasts should slowly soften and gain more movement. Please discuss any concerns you have with your surgeon.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants - will they drop soon?

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.
  • It takes time for implants to drop -
  • But ask your surgeon if you can go bra-less as this may help them to finish dropping.
  • Your implants are large and very close together - from these photos it is not possible to say symmastia isn't present but it doesn't look like it.
  • Since you feel the implants rubbing together or over your chest bone, your surgeon should check you.
  • Based on the photos, things look ok for a month after your surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC

Will my breasts drop soon?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/lifting procedure. Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pockets that were created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other. In cases where significant breast asymmetry persists, the pros/cons associated with revisionary breast surgery should be carefully considered prior to making decisions whether or not to undergo further surgery.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Will my breasts drop soon? Does it look like mild symmastia? Also I feel the implant rub in the middle of my chest?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD