What procedure do I need to get a flat stomach and enhance my waistline? (photos)

I am 52 years old. 2 C-sections 1992, 1996. I had a liposuction done in June 2015 (stomach, flanks, weist and pubic areas) i am not happy with the results. I ended up with an uneven stomach and a lump in my stomach left side. My stomach and love handles are worse than before the liposuction. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Loose and unhappy after lipo

Thanks for the photos and question. It offers me a chance to help and to warn.First you can be helped by an Abdominoplasty to repair the damage done unless you had laser liposuction done by "Smart Lipo" for example. In that case you may be in trouble. Laser causes substantial scarring inside that can make skin advancement with a tummy tucking nearly impossible. If so then be sure to tell you surgeon. If you had regular liposuction, you should do well. Good luck.Second, for others reading about options, be sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon who can do the full gamut of procedures. Based on your photos, you should have had a tummy tuck from the outset. Your dissatisfaction with your result was predictable. Seek an experienced surgeon that can do all of the contouring procedures not just liposuction so you don't get steered in the wrong direction.

Hello,You have both skin and muscle laxity. You are a great candidate for an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck.  You would also benefit from revision liposuction.  Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in body contouring surgery.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and photos. A tummy tuck would be able to provide those results for you. Tummy tuck — also known as abdominoplasty — is a surgical procedure used to firm the abdomen by removing excess fat and skin from regions of the middle and lower abdomen. A tummy tuck will also tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall that get weakened after pregnancy. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine a treatment plan especially for you. Best, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon