This Folding Skin is Gonna Change or Will I Have to Do Surgery? What Kind of Surgery?

I have a skin fold near in the corner of my eye, I think it's because I have a low nasal bridge and extra skin, when I pinch it disappear, but it return at the same time. I don't know what kind of surgery I'll have to do, or what kind of surgeon or doctor to go or if this will disappear if my nose grows more. I don't have any disesase and it doesn't interfere in my vision. I want to it off! It' s not an epicanthic fold, because my eye shape is normal. My age is 14 almost 15. I'm male.

Doctor Answers 4

This Folding Skin is Gonna Change or Will I Have to Do Surgery? What Kind of Surgery?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without a picture it is hard to give you guidance. A full consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help guide you to the correct procedure.

Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 54 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A Cosmetic Surgeon will discuss the options for you as a 14 year old young man with your parents input.  Seek an experienced Facial Cosmetic Surgeon with your folks.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

Epicanthal folds

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You describe an epicanthal fold and what happens to it when you pinch the skin on nasal bridge and then say it is not an epicanthal fold. That does not make it so. If pinching the skin on the upper bridge resolves the problem a radix implant should give you what you want. It is best to post photos though se we can have a clearer picture of your current condition.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Eye surgery with skin fold

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The inner corner of you eye area can have some ethnic characteristics that really needs to be examined in person to get an accurate plan.  In the teenage male there are some changes that can occur during development however don't expect too much- these physicial characteristics are part of you.  There are both surgical and non-surgical ways to alter the brow and the upper eyelid skin area however a thorough preoperative evaluation with your parents present during the evaluation is critical. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.