Is it okay to fly home for 15 hours after a bbl after 6 days? Help!

Has anyone bbl get ruined because of flying for so long? My flight back home has two stops. I will be coming home from dominican republic to Hawaii. First stop is in New York. Dominican republic to New York takes approximately 4 hours. 2 hours layover in New York. New York to San Fransisco will take 6 hours. 7 hours 33 minutes in San Fransisco. Then San Fransisco to Hawaii will take another 6 hours (final destination) Can a bbl or booty buddy help save my fat cells from disappearing?

Traveling Post BBL?

Thank you for your question! I do NOT recommend the flight back home.  You will flatten your new butt and not get the results you want. Your better off staying a extra couple days.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board Certified Plastic  SurgeonChicago Hoffman EstatesOak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

BBL

Thank you for your question.I would highly recommend that you have your surgery done in the US by a board certified plastic surgeon. This will reduce your chance of complications and health risks. If you go to a doctor in a developing country such as the Dominican Republic, the quality of care and medical standards are a lot lower. If you develop some type of complication after surgery you may not be able to travel all the way back to be examined by your original plastic surgeon. If cost is the driving factor, I would ask during the consultations in your area about payment plans. Most practices offer these through companies like Care Credit. These are just some things to think about when making your decision. In regards to your desired outcome, you can achieve a curvier but and hips with a BBL. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks/hip area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks/hips. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I recommend that my patients refrain from sitting or laying on their buttocks for at least the first two weeks. If you have to travel 15 hours home then I would suggest purchasing a booty buddy pillow to sit on that reduces the pressure on your buttocks and getting up and walking every 30 minutes. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. No I would not recommend that you fly 6 days following your surgery.  Please discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

BBL

No it is not advisable to travel 15 hours travel time after only 6 days post operatively. There are many risks to be concerned about. Not realistic plan

15 Hour Flight PostOp

That's a great question.

I appreciate your concern for the result you will obtain from your BBL, with probable compromised shape from sitting for 15 hours .  You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon in the Dominican republic. I'm sure that your plastic surgeon there has seen this question before.  I would recommend you use a bolster under your thighs covering a wide area from behind the knee to the thigh/buttock crease with a thickness in order to elevate your buttock cheeks off of the airplane seat.  Prior patients have used rolled up bath towels with or a bath towel rolled around another premade foam block. I would also recommend using a rolled foam yoga mat behind your small back to keep the superior portion of your buttocks off of the airplane seat back.

More importantly, I  would recommend you consider anticoagulation to reduce the probability of initiating a blood clot  due to the long immobility and sitting with your legs in the dependent position during airplane travel to and from the  Dominican  republic. . I would also recommend that you wear compression stockings at least  thigh high level and at least -20 mmHg compression for a minimum of three weeks after surgery. The airplane ride to the Dominican republic could initiate clot in your lower extremities as well as the surgery and the postoperative flight returning to Hawaii. Anticoagulation  with enoxaparin sodium or Lovenox would be advisable. I would use the Lovenox during the flight to the Dominican republic around your surgery time and during your flight back to Hawaii.  

I routinely have my patients start Lovenox the day they fly into Florida, the day before surgery, the patient is anticoagulated during surgery. A second syringe of Lovenox is used the first day after surgery and the third syringe is is used second day after surgery.  Syringe number four is injected the day they fly back out of Florida, and syringe number five and six are used the first and second day after they land at home. 

I wish you well through your surgery and recovery process,
James McAdoo DO FACOS

• AOA dual board certified general and plastic / reconstructive surgeon 
  • Microsurgery fellowship trained
  • 33,000 operative cases
  • 10,000 Brazilian butt lift specialized cases