Swelling Rhinoplasty?

one month post-op. i still have a lot of swelling. it seems my nose right now is bigger than it was before i got surgery! i also have congestion. im wondering how long it will take for my swelling to go down and if there is anything i can do to speed up the process

Rhinoplasty and swelling

Swelling is the norm after a rhinoplasty. It will take a year or longer for it to subside completely. Best of luck.

Thank you for your question. At one month post-op you are still very swollen. It takes a year minimum for the swelling to really go down enough for you to see the end result. Please follow up with your surgeon if you have any concerns.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

It takes weeks to months for all he swelling to subside following surgery.  It may take up to a year to see the final result.  Follow up with your surgeon as recommended so he can monitor your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty Recovery Tip

At 1 month, you are very early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD