Does all swelling eventually have to come down after rhinoplasty?

5 1/2 weeks post op. two weeks after my cast removal, my nose looked great. it was thinner, the hump was gone, etc. but within the past few weeks my nose ended up swelling more, instead of the swelling going down. so it's much bigger than it was before surgery. is it possible i couldve done something to make it swell more? will all swelling eventually go down?

Rhinoplasty

thank you for your question. Selling after rhinoplasty is very common and usually lasts for a while. You should have regular follow up visits with your surgeon and follow their recommendations. The swelling will get better. Good luck!

Swelling after rhinoplasty

Swelling is common after rhinoplasty and can persist for a year or longer. Best of luck with your results.

Swelling will go down.

At 1 month, you are very early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD