When does swelling go down after rhinoplasty?

I'm three weeks post op. It seems most of my swelling has gone down, but my nose is still rather big in size. it seems on some days my nose is more swollen than others. is this normal? when will my nose swelling go down?

It can take a year or more to resolve fully.

Swelling takes a long time to fully resolve — a year or more.  During the healing time in the first few months, it is common for the swelling to be somewhat variable. In most patients, perhaps 80% of the swelling is gone within 6 weeks, with the last 20% occurring very gradually.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

Dear angeladiazzz233, At 3 weeks out we typically tell patients that someone looking at them will probably not know that they had surgery, but the patient can certainly still feel altered sensation and residual numbness. It is also common to notice the swelling more so on some days than others, this is nothing to worry about. You want to allow 6 months to a year for all sensations to return to normal, and to judge the final result. Hope this helps!

Nasal swelling

At three weeks you are likely still very swollen and have stiffness in the tip. This will take months to a year or more to settle down.