When is the lumps and bumps goes away? (photos)

I did smartlipo on 7/29/2016. It is one month now. I still sees lots of unevenness on my belly. I being doing massage twice per week after the first week. I never done lipo before. I don't know what is normal or not. When will this go away?

Liposuction irregularities.

It is still early and you need continued compression as well as aggressive daily massage.  Weight loss and exercise will also help.  Give it another month and follow up with your surgeon.

Cedar Park Family Physician

Liposuction recovery

Thank you for your question. This "lumpy, bumpy" appearance and feel are very common for this stage of healing. Most cases smooth out by about 3 months. Continue massaging them, and keep up with your diet and exercise. You'll get there. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Lumps and bumps after lipo improve with compression and massage over the first few months

You're only 4 weeks out. Healing takes at least 3-6 months. Until then, lumpiness is best managed by massage and compression garments.

Normal healing process

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#liposuction #drdeanvistnes #realself

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon