Invisalign for one tooth?

My veneer front tooth is starting to shift and my dentist wants to do invisilgn on that one tooth. Would I still need to wear a mouth guard day and night for months for this one tooth?

Let's Talk Teeth

Dear marypar,

Thank you for posting your question on RealSelf.  I will do my best to answer your question with the information provided.

Invisalign is a great option to treat most malocclusions.  I don't know if I quite understand why you are wearing the mouth guard.  I assume it is to protect your veneer from hitting your lower teeth at night, protect your teeth in general from grinding or to help relax your jaw to improve any TMJ discomfort that you may be experiencing. Regardless, if you are wearing Invisalign you usually stop using the mouth guard while you teeth are corrected. I would discuss this with your dentist.

I hope that this helps and good luck.

Dr. Jenn

Let's Talk Teeth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear marypar,

I hope that this helps and good luck.

Dr. Jenn