Hard lumps on sides of nose after rhinoplasty?

5 weeks post-op. I've noticed that on the sides of my nose, just above my nostrils, i can feel pea-sized lumps. does this have something to do with the procedure i got done? i had a hump removed, the sides thinned-up, and the tip lifted a little

Rhinoplasty healing

Healing after rhinoplasty takes months, not weeks. You will undoubtedly encounter minor bumps or dents, fullness or depressions along the way as you heal. They typically all resolve with time. Stay in touch with your surgeon throughout the year- and be patient. Hopefully, you're already seeing some beautiful changes to your nose already!

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumps on side of nose

This may be related to your rhinoplasty procedure and the osteotomies that were performed.  Best of luck.

At 1 month, you are very early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD