Do I need a Breast Lift? (Photos)

I am 19 years old and have had saggy breasts all my life. They hurt sometimes and I honestly hate them. I only feel comfortable when I am wearing a sports bra because it makes them smaller. I personally feel that if I undergo a breast lift, I will become more happy with the appearance. Would I be a good candidate? is there any reason why they are so far down on my chest and saggy?

Breast Lift Candidate

Thank you for your question and sharing your photo. Unfortunately, the photo wasn't processed correctly so it will be difficult to tell. 

You may be a good candidate for breast lift surgery if you have one or more of the following conditions:

• Breasts that are pendulous, but of satisfactory size.
  • Breasts that lack substance or firmness.
  • Nipples and areolas that point downward, especially if they are positioned below the breast crease.

Dhaval M. Patel 

Double Board Certified 

Plastic Surgeon 

Hoffman Estates 

Barrington 

Oakbrook 

Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Candidates for Breast Lift

Candidates for Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #saggingbreasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging. Often times the sagging is too great to be treated by implants alone. Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume. One side can be tightened more or less than another.

The women that are candidates for #breastlift– include:

A woman who’s had a pregnancy. Maybe her breasts have become either just deflated, or the skin has been stretched from pregnancy, and or breastfeeding. And now is in a lower position than she would like. So, by doing the breast lift, we can tighten the breast, tighten the breast skin, and put it into a more youthful position.

The other category is patients who have had weight loss, again, through either diet or surgical procedure. And a lot of women, when they lose weight, their breasts will lose weight, and they, again, may have some sagging of their breasts.

And then there’s a third category, which are #DevelopmentalBreastProblems.  I see young women that come to the office, and the two breasts are very asymmetric. One breast is lower than the other. There may be differences in size. Or there are certain conditions: one’s called tuberous breast deformity, where the breast has a more unusual shape. It may be very narrow at the base on the chest. The whole breast can be very narrow. There are different variations of it. But basically, that’s a growth and development problem that creates a lot of angst for a young woman.

Do I need a Breast Lift?

I think that a breast lift is reasonable based upon your description and desires.  

Breast lift

Breasts come in different sizes and shapes, and unfortunately your breasts are just that way. Sagging can be caused by weight fluctuations and pregnancy. If you are unhappy with your breast shape, then you can consider a breast lift. However, you should know that at 19, your breasts may still be developing. As a result, you might want to wait until you’re about 21 or 22 before undergoing cosmetic breast surgery.

Leila Kasrai, MD, FRCSC

Do I need a Breast Lift?

Thank you for your question If you have small or asymmetrical  breasts then and you are not happy for this situation; then you can be a good candidate for breast augmentation operation. As it was also mentioned above,  small breast can be something that woman might want change. However choosing the right operation is the most important step in the planning of the operation. Therefore understanding the needs and the expectation of the patient is the most important thing and it needs a successful evaluation.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. You are an excellent candidate for a breast lift and with the more current techniques, you can achieve a rounder appearance with shorter scars as opposed to the more traditional wise pattern anchor approach which leaves the breast more boxy in appearance and with greater scarring. Please see the attached video below to view the differences and techniques. I would certainly discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in the various approaches to breast surgery. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Thank you for your question.  Your nipples have sagged a little low but nothing significant.  You would be a good candidate for a breast lift which would decrease the size of your areolas and lift the position of the nipples providing a more youthful appearance.  Consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Nicholas Tarola, MD

Breast Lift

Yes, you are a great candidate for a breast lift. 

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Urmen Desai, MD, MPH, FACS

Do I need a Breast Lift

No one needs a breast lift, it is a matter of wanting what a breast lift can do. In your case it will raise your breast and give them a better shape. The trade off is permanent scars and you will need small revisions in the future as your breasts fall again.

Julio Garcia, MD