Fluid accumulation 3 weeks post in nipple area. What will I do?

I found out a a small amount of fluid coming out after 3 weeks post surgery and little bit swelling. i finish taking antibiotics and anti-inflammatory.

Fluid Accumulation in Nipple Area 3 weeks Post Op

A collection of fluid under the skin occurs occasionally during the postoperative period. Aspiration of the fluid with a needle is frequently helpful. Secondary surgery is rarely necessary. Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.
If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Fluid drainage three weeks after surgery bears investigtion

If your surgery does not show any signs of redness and you do not have fever, it will probably heal. If you can express a lot of fluid by pressing on the breast, a culture should be sent. I would not start antibiotics unless a positive culture is noted, but the anti-inflammatory could be continued. If a significant buildup of fluid is noted without drainage, your doctor may wish to aspirate the fluid with a needle and send a culture. In most such cases, full healing should be expected.

John Cassel, MD (in memoriam)