Mommy make over or any suggestions - I've tried every diet, working out etc you name it I've tried it. (photos)

i had my son when i was 12 yrs old

Mommy Makeover After Lifestyle Changes

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. While a Mommy Makeover may be in your future, this set of procedures cannot substitute for weight loss. My recommendation is that you schedule an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, who can review your medical history and perform a physical examination. At this time, he/she will explain your options for body contouring and create a treatment plan to best prepare you for the appropriate surgical procedure.  

About the Mommy Makeover Procedure

A Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. 

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Candidate for a MM?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Mommy make over or other suggestions?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• I am sorry you had your child at such a young age - that is very hard.
  • Your photo strongly suggests that you have a serious problem with being over-weight.
  • A mommy make-over wouldn't be the right procedure but probably a gastric bypass weight loss operation would be helpful.
  • Ask your regular doctor to refer you to a bariatric surgeon.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Mommy makeover

I am sorry that most of the answers just want to send you back to where you have already run into frustration. I would not recommend that, but instead, I would recommend you seek advice about bariatric surgery such as a lap band procedure or something similar. Our office can give you names of doctors in our area which is not too far from you who are excellent, and will help you lose the weight to get you to a place where a mommy makeover is a realistic option for you. At your current weight it is not. Don't quit trying to get to where you will feel much better. 

Grady B. Core, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover or any suggestions?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your difficulties with weight loss.  The safest path towards surgical improvement first starts with a healthy diet and exercise regimen to lose weight.  Some patient's find using a nutritionalist and personal trainer an excellent way to provide motivation and accountability to finally overcome hurdles with weight loss.  If still unsuccessful seek out a bariatric surgeon for surgical means at weight loss.  Once at a safe BMI the appropriate body contouring recommendations can be made based on your desired appearance.  Hope this helps.

Mommy Makeover - Weight Loss First

Thank you for your question and photos.  I believe it is best to be within 10 - 15 pounds of your ideal body weight prior to surgery for optimal results. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work to understand what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck.