Lift, new implant or both after capsulectomy for leaking silicone implants? (Photo)

I have asked a lesser question on here and received many replies from some great doctors. Thank you! I was planning to have capsulectomy, then lift. Most of the doctors said go for the lift if you can only afford one. Now, a local doctor, whom I trust has made all of it almost affordable. Many of you told me I'd look slimmer and perkier with the lift. My question is, what are the pros and cons of doing them all? I also want them at the same time. What do you think? I do want to look thinner..

Same time

If I'm assuming that the implants have to come out for leaking that capsulectomy on both sides with impalnt removal certainly will need to be done. The real question is can a mastopexy be safely done at the same time. This is in operation that I do quite frequently and combine them into one procedure. If the implants are on top of the muscle, there is slightly more risk of blood supply issues. If the implants are under the muscle than the blood supply is usually less of an issue. Certainly these procedures can be staged, and if so I would do the capsulectomy first. Best of luck.

Breast Lift and implant removal or exchange

I think it is a great idea to remove the leaking implants along with the capsules and perform a breast lift at the same time.  It is a bit more challenging of an operation, but under the appropriate circumstance, can be performed effectively.  Then you have the advantage of having only one surgery, one anesthetic, and one recovery period.  I'd be happy to offer another opinion if you like.  Best of luck!

Jonathan Heistein, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon