What will help heal after lift and aug?

as far as what to eat and what to put on the scars to reduce their appearance and specific movements to avoid. I have not had surgery yet - scheduled for 04/07/2016

What will help heal after lift and aug?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively.By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, hugs!

Protein rich diet and silicone scar products

While you recover, a healthy diet rich in protein is key. Drink plenty of fluids and limit sodium intake. Silicone gels and silicone sheeting is great for scars once the incisions have closed and the scabs have all fallen off. 

Ronald Levine, MD

Healing for surgery

Thanks for your inquiry, many of your concerns are best addressed by your plastic surgeon in terms of what activity restrictions to have and scar managment, as we each have our own recommendations.  In terms of before, the most important thing is not use any nicotine products or amphetemine products like phenteramine, etc.  A well balance diet with protein is a gret idea before surgery.  Good Luck.  

How to help the healing process

I have attached a link that might be helpful...

Hi sabies2000.  Check with your PS for their specific recommendations, but in general you need protein for tissue repair and antioxidants to control inflammation.  A complete multivitamin will provide you with the basic vitamins and minerals that is helpful as well.  Eat fresh fruits, vegetables and lean meats (fish, turkey, chicken) and avoid processed (boxed, canned, frozen) foods that usually are nutrient poor foods, and avoid high sodium foods that can increase swelling.  As for scars, biocorneum or scar guard yield good results, as does SkinMedica's scar gel, and even coco butter-the most important goals are to moisturize, flatten & soften the scar by manually massaging the product in.  If the implants are being placed under the muscle, I ask that patients avoid lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, etc > 10 lbs to avoid recruitment of the pectoralis muscles and spreading of the healing incision.  Restrictions are lifted depending upon the healing progression.  Good luck!

Post-op

A balanced diet, I provide a multivitamin and Bromelein after along with Aloe to offset the narcotic induced constipation. I recommend Scar Guard for my patients' scars, but most silicone based products are good.

You should check with your surgeon about THEIR recommendations for your specific case.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

What will help heal after lift and Aug?

Eat a balanced diet rich in protein for wound healing.  Taking a multi vitamin is helpful.  Discuss this with your surgeon as most likely he has a protocol for you to follow.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Post surgery

Good nutrition is very important for wound healing. This includes protein, essential fatty acids, and carbohydrates. I also like a surgical formula multivitamin that does not cause bleeding. 

Scar creams are beneficial to wound healing. There are many on the market. I like the silicone based scar creams eg BioCorneum and Skin Medica scar gel. 

Embrace is is also good when indicated. I would recommend that you go on YouTube and write down embrace and watch the video. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA