Should my breasts look as asymmetrical as they do? There is also a line now popping up under my right breast. What is it?(photo)

I am currently at one week + 5 days post-surgery. My PS saw me last Friday at one week + 1 day post-surgery and told me they looked "perfect" and would both drop into place after a few weeks. I'm just making sure by getting other opinions as to how it looks at this point. Also, this ridge popping up under my right breast is also rather painful. It just seemed to appear today, and I'm not sure what it is. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Early breast result

Thanks for your inquiry and it is early in your breat recovery and many changes to come. Please discuss the ridge with your plastic surgeon on the right breast, it is a not uncommon occurrence after breast augmentation and your surgeon can best explain why it happens-but it does usually go away.  

2 weeks post-op

Hello and thank you for the photos to help assess your question. 

I agree with your plastic surgeon in that your surgery could not have gone better! Asymmetries are almost a given with breast augmentation due to the fact every pair of breast among all women are asymmetrical from growth. Being so early in the healing process (full healing coming around 12-18 months) you are still very swollen and do not yet have the final "look" that you will achieve. I believe you will be very happy with your results as quickly as a couple of months from now. Make sure to stray from many strenuous activities these first few weeks! 

Good luck!

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation

Thanks for your question! At one week out from surgery, I'd say that your results are fairly normal at this point. They will definitely settle out more with time. It's too early to judge your final results at this point; I'd give it around 6 months. As for the scar band on your right side, that's just from the superficial fascia under your skin; no big deal, fairly common, and usually at three weeks out you can massage it away with fingertip massage. In my practice of doing thousands of these, I've had success with having my patients do implant massage at three weeks post op; ask your plastic surgeon what his/her routine is. Best of luck to you!

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Should my breasts look as asymmetrical as they do? There is also a line now popping up under my right breast. What is it?

Thank you for your question. It is normal to have some asymmetries this early in the healing process. My guess is that your breast were not symmetric to begin with. You will carry some of your inherited asymmetries after breast augmentation. Give the implants 3 months to settle before assessing the results. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

2 Weeks Post Op

Hello,Thank you for your question. It can be difficult to wait but at this point you are much too early post op to assess your results. Some asymmetry is common while healing and you can expect it to take 2-6 months for your breasts to "drop & fluff".
All the best