BMI - am I a candidate for TT/MR and lipo?

I need a TT/MR & Lipo my current weight is 205 5ft 4 I am a candidate now for the surgery? I am also on pressure medicines losartan 50mg & amlodipine10mg and its under control on average 130/80

BMI

Hi, Thank you for your question. I have established that the safest BMI to proceed with surgery is 30. A high BMI will predispose you to:

• High risk from post anesthesia effects
• Post-operative complications
• Poor wound healing
• Infections

Discuss this with your surgeon so he'll be able to provide you his recommendation.

Good luck!

Thailand Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/ Abdominoplasty/ Reverse Tummy Tuck/ Liposuction/Muscle Plication/ Fleur de lis Abdominoplasty

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss.  Without a series of photographs to offer definite advice, at your current height and weight I would recommend following a healthy diet and exercise regimen until you reach your desired goal weight. This weight should be one where you are comfortable at, and can maintain, as weight fluctuations will affect your long-term results. Any weight loss before surgery will not only be in your best interest from a safety point of view, but also in obtaining the best cosmetic results. Many patients find the accountability of using a nutritionalist and personal trainer useful in losing these last few pounds.  Best wishes.

Most plastic surgeons suggest that you finish having children, get your weight within 10 pounds of your ideal weight and have a BMI less than 30 before undergoing an abdominoplasty with repair of the stretched out abdominal muscles and liposuction of selective areas, in order to achieve the best long term cosmetic result with the least potential complications.

Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you what to do without seeing photos and more importantly without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California.

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Weight loss first?

Thank you for your question. I believe it is best to be within 10 - 15 pounds of your ideal body weight prior to surgery for optimal results. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work to understand what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck.

You may be a candidate but without an in person evaluation and discuss of expectations, it is hard to give more details. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

BMI - am I a candidate for TT/MR and lipo

I think your risk quotient is higher than normal and that needs to be taken into consideration. Along with that, the amount of visceral fat you may have may also limit the amount of waist narrowing you might achieve.

Julio Garcia, MD

BMI and Surgery

Most certified plastic surgeons will suggest that you have a BMI no greater than 30 to be considered healthy enough to have an elective surgery procedure. At 5'4 and 205, you currently have a BMI of 35.2. You would need to get your weight down to approximately 175 to be at a 30.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

BMI - am I a candidate for TT.

With a BMI of 34 you might be a better candidate for tummy tuck if you were closer to 30, and a stable weight for a year. This will ensure you will get the most benefit from your procedure. Best luck,