Will I need a breast lift with implants or can I do implants only? (photos)

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. You have deflated breasts which has clearly lost volume. An implant is a device that restores volume. It requires a specific pocket either above or below the muscle to be placed. This would add volume, however, would also stretch and potentially thin the skin envelope that surrounds it. This would lead to likely implant irregularities that could be felt and possibly even seen.

An implant does not lift a breast. The concept called a swing effect does move the breast envelope forward and up, not unlike the hand on a clock going from 6 to 8, however, over time with the added weight and stretching of the skin, the breast unit may fall back to its original position. Although a mastopexy would help reduce the skin envelope and improve your breast contour, this would be a skin reduction procedure that would be in opposition to an implant which stretches the breast. Obviously the larger the implant the more likely you are at risk for irregularities. 

One final option would be to consider using fat grafts transferred from one part of the body to the breast in order to further enhance the contour and add padding to the breast. Please see the video below to further give you an idea of how this may work. I would certainly discuss this with your plastic surgeon. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Will I need a breast lift with implants or can I do implants only?

Thank you for your question.   A proper answer requires and in person consultation.  However based on your photo it is likely that he will need a breast lift in addition to implants to achieve an uplifted look.  To understand the risks of implants without a lift please read the following link:

Breast lift with implants

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, based on your photographs, the best shape and contour could be achieved with an implant and a wise pattern breast lift.  A wise pattern lift with an implant can result in a very nice shape if good technique is used.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Lift and implants

You will likely need a lift with implants,. Best to be seen in person to decide what is best for you. Good luck.

Will I need a breast lift with implants or can I do implants only

Your breasts are already fairly saggy, so having an implant placed without a lift will fill in your skin, and leave you larger but just as saggy as you are now

Julio Garcia, MD

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a  Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD