Capsular Contraction No Pain? (photo)

is there anything i can do other than Surgery 4 months post op on September 23rd 2013

Capsular contracture.

Most patients with a capsular contracture have no pain. A firm implant or a visible elevation of the implant are the most common signs. Massage can help early on, however persistent capsular contractures often require surgery to correct. The photo given is insufficient to give any further information on your own particular issue.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Hard post op

There will always be a capsule.The key is keep it soft.It looks like your left breats is alrger and your nipple is also larger.I would go back to your surgeon and discuss it with them.you may need  a secondary procedure.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Options for capsular contracture

Based on your photo, I cannot see the entire chest and cannot appreciate capsular contracture.  Have you seen your plastic surgeon?  Did she/he recommend capsulectomy/implant exchange?  If you have very firm breasts (implants), experience discomfort or pain from capsular contracture, or have cosmetic deformity from capsular contracture, a surgery will be needed.

Capsular Contracture

It is hard to see from the picture if you have capsular contracture or possible implant migration/malposition.   It is unusual to have capsular contracture without pain.  I would recommend visiting your surgeon for a careful evaluation and determination of what treatment plan is best suited for you.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Capsular contracture?

Other than your areolas being extremely large I see no photographic evidence that you have a capsular contracture.   A more detailed description and evaluation is needed before suggestions can be made. 

Capsular Contraction No Pain? (

There are a number of remedies that often help and can avoid surgery. These include massage, vitamin E, anti-inflammatory meds, and some prescription meds. I would suggest a call to your surgeon to make an appointment for an exam and discussion of the options. 
All the best.