Is reduction revision surgery what is needed for eliminating hard scar tissue inside of a breast? (photo)

I have hardened scar tissue in both breasts, where there was necrosis during the healing process, after a breast reduction. These knots make self breast exams terribly difficult & inaccurate. Are there options available to remedy this problem w/out losing more breast tissue (size) & without heightened risk of poor healing again? What is the recommended "fix" for this kind of issue? Pics & a more thorough description of my healing journey can be found in my "scar cover tattoo" posting, if needed.

Is reduction revision surgery what is needed for eliminating hard scar tissue inside of a breast?

From the posted photos I recommend OBLY IN PERSON evaluations for your case. Appears as a poorly done initial reduction..//

Correction of breast reduction scars

In general terms, the scars could be excised in staged procedures and the wounds reclosed.  I am sorry to hear about your postop problems.  I did take a look at your scar tattooing which is quite impressive.  Now that you have those tattoos, any revision would mess up the beautiful artwork.  Many patients, with or without breast surgery, find self-examination difficult and confusing so in that regard I would recommend that you schedule regular visits with your gynecologist or family physician so you can put your mind at ease.

I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced after breast reduction surgery. If you are dealing with fat necrosis, there are different ways to proceed. As you mentioned, these areas of compromised tissue viability often “liquefy” and drain. Therefore, one option is to avoid surgery and allow for continued drainage and slow resolution of the “problem”. The advantage of this approach is that additional surgery and/or surgical damage to surrounding healthy tissue is avoided. The disadvantage, of course is the nuisance of ongoing drainage ( which can be odorous etc.).
 Ultimately, as long as you are following up with your plastic surgeon,  who is in the best position to rule out secondary complications such as infection, you should be fine proceeding with either option.