Wrong implants received during surgery
Doctor Answers 3
Breast augmentation - given gel implants not saline
- This is a very unusual situation - because
- Gel implants cost twice as much as saline and shaped gel implants even more.
- Did your surgeon confirm the surgical plan the morning of surgery?
- Did you have anything in writing about the type of implant?
- It seems you have more expensive implants at the cost of saline implants.
- But you need to see the implant card to know what is inside you.
- All that said - FDA approved implants - gel or saline - are very very unlikely to be the cause of your rash.
- The usual causes of a rash are the garment, the tape, internal sutures or a prescribed medication.
- Your surgeon needs to determine the cause of the rash and treat it - as well as explain why your implants are not what you expected.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Silicone breast implants
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.