Working on getting in shape so I can get a breast reduction, I weigh 5'5 233 pounds what's a good size to get down to?

Weightless breast reduction

Lower BMI

You need to have a lower BMI so that you reduce your risk of complications. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Weight

Ideally you want to have a body mass index less than 35.  The more weight you lose prior to surgery will give you a more ideal result with less risk of complications.

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Weight and breast reduction?

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Although the breast reduction surgery may help you at this point, if you are contemplating the weight loss then it would be in your best interest to have the breast surgery after you have reached your long-term stable weight (if possible). Doing so will help minimize risk of surgery and improve your chances of achieving your goals and minimize the chances that revisionary breast surgery (to treat “sagging” for example) will be necessary afterwards. 

Once you are ready to proceed, careful selection of your plastic surgeon and careful communication of your goals will be key.

You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more.