Weigh 180, do I need to loose weight? (photos)

I'm 5"4 weigh 180 would like a BBL do I need to loose weight I want an hour glass shape for now I have a square shape not happy with my body contour

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Butt Augmentation/ Liposuction / Liposculpture / High Definition Procedures / Liposuction Revision

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Losing weight before surgery

It's generally a good idea for patients to get to their ideal weight before having cosmetic surgery procedures.

Who then is a candidate to undergo a Brazilian depends on a lot of individual factors.

In particular fat distribution and other underlying factors such as excessive amounts of intra-abdominal fat, muscle separation from previous pregnancies and or skin laxity.

your photos show someone who does not have an underlying curved figure.

This is based on your musculoskeletal structure and not based on your fat distribution.

This will inherently limit the ability to create an hourglass figure by the use of liposuction with or without fat transfer. though some improvements are always possible.

it also appears you carry a substantial amount of intra-abdominal fat.

Without weight-loss your abdomen will still be protruding despite having liposuction.

I suggest having one or more in person consultations with board-certified plastic surgeon's to get a more accurate assessment if these may be appropriate procedures for you.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

BBl and weight

It might be a good idea to lose some weight first. If you do not lose weight first, you will have limitations in terms of having an hourglass figure based upon the fact that your upper abdomen is fairly protuberant. This may be the result of weakness of the abdominal muscles or possible visceral fat. An exam in person is key.