Would I need a tummy tuck full or mini? (photos)

I am trying to get a consultation. Some Dr's. have stated I need a tuck. I initially was concerned about lipo, Brazilian but lift but don't want it bigger just a prettier shape, breast lift with augmentation. Thanks for any input.

Tummy tuck?

This is one of those cases where you simply have to be examined and alternatives discussed. I would encourage you to deal with the abdomen first and then decide on the breasts as I think your perspective Will chsngr,.

Would I need a tummy tuck full or mini?

Thank you for the question and pictures. In my practice, I would only offer you the full tummy tuck operation; any lesser operation would not end up with an outcome that you or I would be pleased with. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.
In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an operation that produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.
For the vast majority of patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck

Based on your photos it appears you would most benefit from a full tummy tuck.  You are not an ideal candidate for the mini tuck.  You may be able to combine the procedure with some of the others that you are considering.  I would recommend a visit to a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  She can review the procedures with you and work toward reaching your surgical goals.

Camille Cash, MD

Tummy tuck

You are not a candidate for a mini- tummy tuck. You would benefit most from a full tummy tuck. You appear to be a good candidate for a Brazilian buttock lift to create a better waist-to-hip ratio and a fuller buttock.

William Bruno, MD

Full tummy tuck

From these photos you seem to be a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist and flanks. A breast augmentation/lift can be done at the same time. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mini versus full tummy tuck

There are pros and cons to all choices and your surgeon can go into more detail.  However, I think that you would get a much superior result with a full tummy tuck.  IT will allow a great deal more skin tightening.
Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Mini- vs Full Tummy Tuck

Only a full tummy tuck is going to be effective for your needs and the type of stomach excess that you have. Anything less, like a mini-tummy tuck, will leave you disappointed.

Mini Tummy Tuck vs. Full Tummy Tuck

Greetings. Based on the photos, a fully tummy tuck is more appropriate. Your plastic surgeon can discuss the benefits and complications of the procedure(s). Good luck!

Ravinder Jarial, DO

Type of Tummytuck?

From your photos, it appears that a full Tummytuck with repair of diastasis rectii is your best option. Seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon.

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Tummy tuck or liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. I would recommend a tummy tuck with liposuction of the back, flanks and abdomen.  I would however recommend strongly that you try to lose a substantial amount of weight before proceeding. By doing this you increase your chances of getting a better result and reduce the potential for complications. 
Peter Fisher M.D. 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon