Do I have symmastia developing? 8 days post (photos)

I was wondering if I have symmastia developing or if I'm just swollen in the sternum? "Tenting" I'm aware of the asymmetry.

Symmastia ?

You do not have true symmastia but your implants have been place far too close together so they almost touching  - this may have been necessary if you were preferring such a big size - one option would be to downsize

Developing of Symmastia

Always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about post-operative infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, excessive bruising, or any new and sudden changes in the feeling or look of your implants, breasts or incisions. While it is hard to tell for sure from your images, it would be best for your to visit your surgeon in person to have the area evaluated for proper healing. Good luck!

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  I do not see any signs of symmastia occurring, you are simply still very swollen. You are still very early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down over the first 3 months and your breasts will drop into their pockets causing a more natural appearance.  If the breasts are too high, the use of a breast binder is beneficial to add downward pressure. I would continue to wear your surgical bra, ice your breasts on and off and perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

No evidence of symmastia.  The cleavage is close, but that likely is being exaggerated by swelling in this early postoperative period.  Keep in close contact with your plastic surgeon.

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

It does not look like you have symmastia. Right now you are swollen and you have to give it time to settle down. Best of luck.

In review of your pictures you do not have synmastia developing. The appearance is due to early post op healing, it will improve in appearance when the implants settle.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon