Am I at risk of symmastia? (photos)

I had my BA performed 18 days ago and had 295cc textured memory gel anatomicals placed , submuscular dual plane. Dr chose 295 over 255 as I had a lot of muscle. Everyone is commenting on how quickly they've taken shape and my cleavage is already close (1cm),a few days ago it was 1.5cm and concerned they will keep migrating. My PS is known for doing the internal bra technique but not sure if this is generally done at lower pole or does this extend to the cleavage area? Am I at risk of symmastia?

Congratulations on your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.
Lets start by saying that you had a great result.symmastia is the connection of the breast in the middle without definition from one to the other. It happends due to damage of middle structures that allow for defining each breast. The pectoralis muscle is detached from the bottom and kept attached in the middle to prevent symmastia from happening. The separation of your cleavage is a common finding when there is not enough breast tissue and most of the breast mount is due to the implant. Avoid exercises that favor the activation of the chest muscles.
Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

No symmastia

It does not look like you have symmastia, and implants submuscular are unlikely  to allow your implants to migrate medially.  

You are a low or no risk for getting synmastia.  Rest and recover without fear.Best Wishes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Am I at risk of symmastia?

Thank you for your question. You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

No symmastia

There is no evidence is symmastia. The results will continue to settle down. Best, Dr. Yegiyants 

Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon