Are there risk of infection with butt implants? Is there risk of the implant turning? (Photos)

I lost volume in my butt due to a cool sculpting machine being used on the small banana roll Had to have the skin surgically removed If using enough vials of sculptra , however many that may be, can I get good volume back in my butt?

Buttock augmentation

Putting Sculptra in your buttock would be a waste of time and money.  I'm not sure that any board certified plastic surgeon would agree to that.  The only way for you to lift and shape your buttock would be an implant. You don't have enough fat to do the job.  I have done over 300 buttock augmentations. Be sure to choose a Board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in buttock augmentation and has an extensive photos gallery.

Butt implants

Based on your pictured, I would highly recommend that you consider a round implant as this will prevent worries about implant rotation and deformity in the future. The position entails placement of the implant in the superficial aspect of the intra muscular plane which protects it from movement, feeling of the implant edge, and infection. To date, we have not had to undo buttock implants using these principles.

Please see results below. 

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Buttock enhancement options

Firstly, unless you have at least $400,000.00 (yes $400K) to spend on Sculptra, forget about it. 

I have unfortunately had many patients come to me after having their high hopes for buttock augmentation crushed by measly Sculptra results. Critical points of awareness are: 1) Sculptra is temporary, it will last 1.5 - 2 years at most, 2) if done correctly dermal fillers like Sculptra are cost prohibitive for 99% of potential buttock augmentation patients. In order to create a significant/noticeable result with a dermal filler, at least 200 mls of product must be injected into each buttock cheek for a total of 400 mls. At $1000 per ml, this equates to a minimum price of $400,000.00. Thus if your doctor is recommending to put in ONLY 20 or 40 mls of sculpture you will pay $20,000-$40,000 and get an insignificant miniscule result!, 3) Do not let anybody tell you that the product is so special that it's going to magically grow over the following months or years...this just doesnt happen to any noticeable degree!, 4) dermal fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high infection rate, guaranteed tendency to migrate away from the original area they were injected into, and almost always stimulate a lot of inflammation with a subsequent and disastrous amount of scar tissue/hardening, and 5) the one very serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "embolism" in which some of the filler gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems, including death. Hope I at least saved you some money and maybe even your life. 

Thus buttock implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock/hip augmentation (at least in my practice). To avoid high risk of healing problems with the central single incision, I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a 1 1/2 inch long incision along the inner curve of each upper buttock cheek at the level of the tailbone, similar to two opposing parentheses ")(" (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within (muscle thickness permitting) the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is much less palpable & visible (ie feeling and looking like an Olympic sprinter's butt), and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle or "subfascial". Because all of this, it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure so that the implant placement is precise for both locations. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to

Ryan Stanton, MD

Buttocks

I would not use sculptra in the buttocks. It will be very costly and will only last a 1-2 years at most.  It may not be able to provide significant volume. Fat or impalnts are a better choice. Best of luck.