Revision - can I get bigger implants? (photos)

Hello, I have since 2 years 375cc Mentor moderate profil anatom implant. Please i would like to ask, can i go a little bigger? ( 500-550cc)? I would my boobs are little more close, i would they r more large. Is it possible?

Bigger

You can go bigger if you want. It should not be a problem, it looks like you have plenty of room to put in 500cc+ implants. 

Breast augmentation question

Hello and thank you for the question and photos. You appear to have an excellent result from your first breast augmentation. 

You can always opt for an exchange. I would suggest you do the rice test to see how much larger you are hoping to achieve. Your photos already show good fullness and body proportion. Going too large might make you look unbalanced / fake. Also there can be issues with thinning of the skin, weight or discomfort and interference with sports / exercise. 

Remember that every time you under the knife there are always risks of complications such as bleeding infection capsular contracture etcetera. So do not take that risk lightly. 

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Revision - can I get bigger implants?

Yes, based on your photographs, I think that you will be able to undergo revisionary breast to increase breast size and decrease the distance between your breasts.   Of course, as mentioned in your previous post, there will be limits as to how large breast implants can be utilized (safely) and how close your breast implants can be positioned (based on your anatomic features).

You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile.  Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” or "larger" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Larger breasts implants

Dear Nikuska,

Thanks for submitting your before and after pictures. From observing your pictures, you appear to be C cup size with wide cleavage, large areolas, ptosis level 1-2 and left implant is displaced laterally. 

You did not provide your chest circumference measurement in inches, which is critical for the correct implants size selection. Let's assume that you are currently 34 C cup. 550 cc implants size, will bring you to 34 D cup or slightly bigger, and that is definitely doable. Additionally, I would recommend the followings: medial capsulotomy (scar release) for nicer cleavage, left lateral capsulorrhaphy (internal bra), bilateral mini lift (donut, benneli) to create perkier breasts with smaller and more attractive areolas.

Not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So, do you due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely, to avoid bad result and need for corrective surgery.

Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of redo breasts augmentation in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.

Dr Widder

Revision - can I get bigger implants?

Sure, it's possible to exchange your implants for larger ones, but not recommended. Larger implants are much more unstable and can create a wider space between your implants when they begin falling off the sides of your chest when you lay down. Larger implants can put you at higher risk for chronic pain, nipple numbness, capsular contracture, malposition, irreversible soft tissue damage, skin stretch deformities, etc. Please reconsider. You have a lovely shape and you look proportioned. Larger implants usually don't stay where they are placed for very long. Bigger is not always better!!

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast augmentation

Nikuska,

Thanks for the query and the photos.

You appear to have adaquate skin for a revision bresat augmentation with larger implants.  The larger implants have a wider base diameter which should aid in getting your breasts closer together. You also appear to be very thin so the danger is that you may have very thin skin to cover the medial (cleavage) portion of your implants. The existing pockets can be adjusted to fit the larger implants.  A physical exam would answer many of the unanswered questions.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Bigger Implants

Based on your photos, I think you have an excellent result and the implants are balanced for your frame. I would discourage you from getting larger implants. Best wishes. 

Larger Implants

I think that there is room for you to go bigger.  You would need to be seen in order to properly measure your breasts dimensions.  

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Revision breast augmentation

I think I answered another post of yours. You would have to be seen in person to determine if larger implants are possible.  Good luck.

Larger Breast Implants

Thank you for your question and photographs. I think you can certainly have an implant exchange to larger implants. If you want more fullness on top you may consider going with a round implant.  A moderate plus profile will give you more fullness as it is not as wide of an implant as you currently have (moderate profile).