Am I qualified for a skin tightening treatment instead of a tummy tuck? (Photo)

I had a baby 2 years ago, this is a picture of my abdomen. I think skin tightening treatments can help but I want to make sure I have a chance. I really don't want a tummy tuck as I am wishing to have more children in the future

Nons

I think you would be a good candidate for skin tightening..there are a number of options available.  ThermiRF likely would have good power to improve your skin laxity.

Abdominal contouring

Hello and thank you for your question. You are one the patients I would highly recommend making an in-person consultation before following any advice based on your photograph.  The decision for tummy tuck vs liposuction in you totally depends on your skin laxity.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Skin tightening

Tou do not appear to need a tummy tuck- you don't have enough lose skin and your muscles appear flat. Also if you are planning more children, liposuction would be a better and easier option.We use a combination of Vaser ultrasound liposuction with Smart Lipo for extra skin tightening. If more is needed months later, then Thermi Tight RF can be added.Recovery is easy as well.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.