Had otoplasty performed nearly 16 years. Botched. Surgeon performed conchal resection. Left with unilateral conchal ridge?

It's really started to bother me recently. Go figure after nearly 16 years. I've posted in the past and have asked questions before with superb results. Thank you! Thank you! Fast forward, I'm looking at getting this ridge removed. I need assistance in finding a qualified plastic surgeon. I don't want to be disfigured anymore. Do I see a generalist or a facial plastic surgeon? I really don't know where to turn or who to consult? I'm in the central Florida region if that helps.

Doctor Answers 2

Revision otoplasty candidate

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A full set of photographs are required of the ear to determine being a candidate for a revision otoplasty procedure.    It may be possible to adjust the current ear anatomy to make the conchal ridge less noticeable 

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 158 reviews

Otoplasty revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello and thank you for your question. This sounds like a problem which can be fixed by the right surgeon.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 174 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.