My options for awkward nose and high nostrils? (Photo)

Hello! I'm wondering what can be done to correct my nose. My nostrils arehigh and long. I hate that you can see in my nose from the side. My R side seems to be worse. I included a picture of a girl who I think had a similar issue. I've read that this can be corrected w/o surgery. My questions are A. Is this possible?? B. Would it be permanent?? C. What is the BEST doctor in the palm beach, fl area to do such a procedure?? D. Am I a good candidate for it?? Thank you so much for your time.

Doctor Answers 3


Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a nasal tip de-projection.  This can solve the exact problem you are having.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 124 reviews


I do not think you can get a long lasting result with a non-surgical method and maneuvers focused on lowering the tip a bit can help improve the appearance.  Best of luck.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Correcting her nose with rhinoplasty

 In my experience, the problem that you have presented cannot be reliably fixed without surgery in the long-term.  In my practice, for patient to have your problem, we offer surgical rhinoplasty which can be done as outpatient, and has an approximately 10-14 day recovery.  The steps taken will have to be in line with her goals, but in such a case, my patients and I might consider fixing the short length of the nose and the angle of columella to the lip and refining the tip.

Reza Momeni, MD FACS
Summit Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 44 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.