Is my open bite eligible for Invisalign? (photo)

I have an open bite due to years of thumb sucking. I have been told by previous dentists that my jaw would have to be broken and other horrifying things to fix it. I'm not after the 'perfect' smile but I don't want my teeth to stick out as much as they do. Can anything be done?

Open bite

My name is Dr. Ken Barton. I am an Elite Invisalign Provider, with offices in both N.Y, and N.J.Although open bites are quite challenging, even with Invisalign, I have still  have l had tremendous success with  cases even more difficult  then yours .good luck

Manhattan Orthodontist

Open bite corrected with Invisalign

Looking at your picture, I don't believe that you will need jaw surgery.  Your open bite can be improved by ortho tx (traditional braces, invisalign, and etc.)  I would recommend that you get an ortho consult in your area

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Dentist

Invisalign is a Wonderful Choice

So while this single photograph is not all the diagnostic information I
need. From the limited information. I would say that to CORRECT your bite a
combination of surgery and orthodontics is the answer.

However, to improve your smile and make improvements to the bite that will help you
look better, and feel more confident Invisalign is a wonderful choice. I
close down open bites and improve class 3 cases (your underbite) frequently.
I caution that this is not a case that any Invisalign provider can tackle.
You need a provider with experience in this area.

Anna M. Berik, DMD
Newton Dentist

Get an ortho consult

Looking at your picture, I don't believe that you will need jaw surgery.  Your open bite can be improved by ortho tx (traditional braces, invisalign, and etc.)  I would recommend that you get an ortho consult in your area.  Ortho consultation are often complimentary.

Jean-Paul Banh, DDS
Federal Way Dentist