I have a round pointy nose. Is there anything that can be done for a more feminine looking nose? (Photo)

I was wondering if there's anyway a doctor can reshape the tip of my nose. From the front view, my nose is very round, from the side it's pointy. It just doesn't fit my small face, I guess I can thank my Italian genes for that lol. Anyway.. I was wondering if there's anything that can be done for a more feminine looking nose.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Tip rhinoplasty?

A tip rhinoplasty might be what you need but a full exam in person is essential to evaluate your nose and the relationship between the tip and the other structures.

Round pointy nose. Is there anything that can be done for a more feminine looking nose?

Improving the nose tip to achieve an improved natural appearing more feminine appearing cosmetic result is a frequent request of patients wanting nasal refinement. It is possible to improve the cosmetic appearance of the tip alone without altering the rest of the nose in some patients. Whether the optimal option in your particular situation would be a tip rhinoplasty alone or a full rhinoplasty would best be determined at a consultation. Either procedure can be performed with a closed or open approach.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from de-projecting your tip to make it less long and a cephalic rotation of your tip to slightly turn it up. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tip Rhinoplasty

A tip rhinoplasty to reduce the size of your nasal tip cartilages as well as suture them closer together so they are not so round or bulbous on the frontal view.  The use of cartilage grafts can also help improve your tip shape.

Your nose

Yes- a well done rhinoplasty can assist you with what you want. Make sure you talk to the surgeon and they agree with what you want and discuss their goals and that they are the same as yours.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

I have a round pointy nose. Is there anything that can be done for a more feminine looking nose?

Rhinoplasty could certainly address your concerns.  For best results, seek out a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty.  Best wishes.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Rhinoplasty - Tip refinement

Hi there. Yes - tip refinement is a common goal of patients presenting for nose reshaping surgery. There are many techniques that can be used to manipulate the time of the nose to improve definition and make it more feminine. This is best done through an open approach (small incision under the tip). Best to arrange an in-person examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss this further! Good luck!

Tip problems are correctable

From the photos submitted your main issue is a round infra tip lobule. The pointy part come from your left tip cartilage being lower. The asymmetry that is present results in more roundness. Tip-plasty can correct these issues predictably. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. A Rhinoplasty will be able to reshape the tip of your nose. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to learn your options as you can combine the Rhinoplasty procedure with other procedures because your aesthetic appearance is not considered in facial features alone but as a whole.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon