Nose too big for my small face? I feel my nose over powers my face. Can someone help me with this insecurity of mine? (Photo)

My bridge is very wide and tip is too bold. Is this fixable? How much will this cost me? How small can you make my nose? I would like a smaller bridge and narrower nostril with a little tip up wards and also shorter nose. My face is elongated and also my nose. I want a shorter nose because it will make my smile better. My nose is all I see when I smile because it's so long, this is one reason am not smiling now. Is there a Good Samaritan out there that can help with all my problems?

Cost of a rhinoplasty to a wide nose

The cost of a rhinoplasty is directly proportional to the costs of the operating room, anesthesia, and the surgeons fee.  A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing a wide nose.   This is accomplished  with osteotomies placed in the nasal bones.  To accomplish narrowing  a wide nasal tip requires a tip-plasty.  To narrow wide nostrils requires an alar plasty.  For more information  andexamples, please see the link and the video below 

Cost of a rhinoplasty to a wide nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from decreasing the width of your alar base.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

I really dont think your nose is too big for your face, it is wide but not big at all. Yes I do think you will benefit from make all the structures slimmer, but i do think that will what benefit you the most is to have your radix and bridge filled so you nose starts from where all noses should start, and at the same time make the bridge, tip and nostrils thinner to the point that you have a beautiful feminine nose, that will not overcome your face, that I completely agree right now is the center of attention.   Best of luck, 

Rhinoplasty candidate

Nose too big for my small face? I feel my nose over powers my face. Can someone help me with this insecurity of mine?

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Why should I get a Rhinoplasty operation?

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

African-American Rhinoplasty Reshapes Nose to Match Ethnicity

Making your nose shorter and narrower while keeping it in harmony with the rest of your face requires a knowledge of some of the anatomical variations that exist across ethnicities. You can have a smaller, narrower nose that is still in harmony with your unique beauty and ethnicity, but you need to spend time finding a facial plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience working with African American noses. Here is a set of Before-after-photos that you may find useful

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you very much for the questions.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD