When can I make love after tummy tuck?

Intercourse after a Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. It is important to realize that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals. Depending on the extent of your abdominoplasty and your general physical condition. Any sexual activity should be avoided for a minimum of two weeks. Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman estates Barrington Oakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Sex after tummy tuck surgery

Your surgeon is in the best position to advise you based on your individual rate of recovery.  Each surgeon has their own post operative guidelines but I typically advise patients in my practice to wait around four to six weeks before easing back into their regular activity.

Post Op Activity Restriction

Thank you for your question. Many Plastic Surgeons will advise you to wait 3-4 weeks before resuming cardio activity. I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon as they know your situation the best.

Take care

When can I make love after tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question!  I would recommend asking your plastic surgeon as each has their own protocol regarding returning to physical activity and making love.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Love after a tummy tuck

Thanks for your question.

The correct answer is to ask your operating surgeon.  Everyone has their restrictions.  I tend to allow patients to ease into physical activity as they feel fit.  Generally speaking, it is at the third to forth week post op where patients may resume some physical activity.  Returning to the gym is after one month.

Best of luck.

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

When can I make love after tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend speaking to your plastic surgeon about this as every surgeon has their own protocols. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

When can I make love after tummy tuck?

This really depends on how you feel. Discuss with your surgeon but 4 weeks may be the right time. Consider other forms of intmacy also. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Return To Physical Activity

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent procedure. I instruct my patients to wait at least four weeks before performing strenuous physical activity. Your plastic surgeon is your best resource as he/she knows exactly what was performed and how your recovery is progressing. Hope this helps!

Activity post tummy tuck

Most patients, especially if the tummy tuck involved a tightening, or plication, of the muscle, will need 4-6 weeks to recuperate.  Essentially, one just wants time to heal and to feel better, slowly resuming activity. More strenuous activity, especially those that involve the use of abdominal muscles, will likely be a few weeks. However, healing times vary and it's an individualized decision.

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

When To Make Love After A Tummy Tuck

Wait till you get home, please.
You will not really feel like having sex for a week or two, but I typically tell patients to take it easy and if you don't need to strain, it's probably okay.

Thomas P. Sterry, MD