Lipo, Precision TX or ThermiTight for double chin and jowls in 34 yr old female??? (photos)

I am 34, and have always had this horrible double chin. I had a cool mini treatment in July, with the off-label treatment of placing an applicator on each side. Although, I do see a slight difference, I don't have the results I want. I don't think I was/am a good candidate for the cool-mini or Kybella . I am researching lipo, the Precision TX or ThermiTight in conjunction with lipo. I do have consults with surgeons in my area. Just looking for insight and opinions before my appointments. Thanks!

Double Chin/Neck Laxity/Jawline Contouring -- Kybella, VASER Lipo, ThermiRF, Thermage/Ultherapy, Fillers like Radiesse/Sculptra

In my practice we combine VASER with ThermiRF and find best results in contouring, as long as there is no need for neck skin removal.  Please see an expert and do not compromise your care for cost or distance. Best, Dr. Emer.

Treating double chin in young woman

Thank you for asking about your double chin and jowls.
  • I truly understand why you would try something minor, but I hope you didn't pay much.
  • I agree with your assessment - at least in the photos, any improvement is minimal so far.
  • If it was done 3 months ago, now is a reasonable time for your consultations.
  • Liposuction remains the 'gold standard' - you will get your best, most predictable result.
  • At least in the photos, Kybella may be a reasonable option.
  • The cost will be about the same -
  • ThermTight and Precision TX will alone not be very helpful and will not be necessary for either liposuction or Kybella.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Neck issue

Your neck seems to have improved in the photo. You might want to wait 4-6 months for things to soften before considering anything else. An in office evaluation would be best.

Lipo, Precision TX or ThermiTight for double chin and jowls in 34 yr old female???

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts on women in their late twenties and early thirties.  From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is excess fat around the cheeks, jowls are present and the chin is weak.  These factors combine to create a rectangular shaped face.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.  Superficial non-invasive type treatments will offer minimal improvements, in my humble opinion and should "only" be considered if you are opposed to the minimally, invasive surgical options listed above.

Hope this helps.