Do I need a lift or not? I have 2 answers and BA in 3 days. (Photo)

I have my BA in 3 days. I'm getting 550-600cc hp saline implants under the muscle. My question is will that give me the illusion of a lift? I'm currently 5'5 and 165lbs. Mom of 2. I was told by a previous Ps I needed a lift but my current PS thinks I'll be fine with the implants. Please see pic.

Do I need a lift or not?

If you are getting 550-600cc implants I would think that would provide  enough volume  to give your breasts enough lift. Be sure you want to go that big. I generally recommend having implants placed over the muscle which gives a more lifting effect to the implant.

Do you need a lift?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Lift might be necessary

It’s difficult to see the shape of your breasts, but it does look like your areolae/nipples are pointing downward. If that’s the case, a breast lift would most likely be necessary. High profile breast implants can achieve a slight lift, but I would have to see another photo from a different angle to determine if you would get a sufficient amount of lift.

You should be aware, however, that if your breasts are sagging right now and you don’t get a lift, the weight of your implants will most likely make a lift necessary in the future - particularly because your implants are so large.

Leila Kasrai, MD, FRCSC

Implants candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation with lift ?

Dear Mother of two,

Thanks for the question and for the photo.  Side views would also aid in answering your question.  A physical exam would be the best.  Based solely on what you have presented, I feel you will need a lift.  Your nipples are pointing downward and an implant will stretch the skin and give you some upward lift, but I would be afraid of using very large implants to avoid getting a lift.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Breast Lift with Implants

Thank you for your question and pictures. It is difficult to make an exact assessment without an exam; however, based on your photographs, you have breast ptosis with the areolas pointing down and breast tissue drooping below your inframammary crease. In my experience a breast augmentation without a lift will give you fullness on top but you will remain droopy. I think a breast augmentation with a lift would give you a better result.

Matthew A. Galumbeck, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Hard to tell

I would suggest posting more pictures of your side views in order to help answer that question. Without the ability to examine you in person and take certain breast measurements it is difficult to answer the question. The choice of which surgeon really comes down to whether he or she is adequately answering your questions based on your aesthetic goals. You should not proceed with surgery until you are satisfied with the explanation as to why you either need or don't need a lift. In some situations the decision of whether you need a lift or not may not be known until implants are placed and you are positioned upright in the operating room.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO

Lift or not lift?

Implants are going to make you a bigger version of what you are now. They will not lift. At first you will seem slightly lifted because of swelling, after that swelling goes down you will be a bigger version of you now.  From your pictures it looks as though if you did a lift you would have better nipple position. Good thing is you do not burn any bridges just by doing implants first. You can always do a lift afterwards if you want. Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Most likely need a lift

Based on your photos your nipples appear to be facing downwards with grade II-III ptosis, I would recommend a lift.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift or not? I have 2 answers and BA in 3 days.

Thank you for your question and photograph. Unfortunately I think you will not obtain a satisfactory result with only implant placement. Though there is only one image of your breasts, it appears that you have a moderate amount of breast sagging and excess skin to your breasts that will not correct itself with implants alone. A lift will correct both of these problems while also placing your nipple and areola into an elevated more youthful position and improving your shape and contour. Hope that this helps.